Victim Services workers are on-call 24/7 to support emergency response personel, community partners and self-referred individuals for on-scene interventions. We attend a home, hospital, crime scene or police station for crisis interventions when requested.
VICTIM QUICK RESPONSE PROGRAM (VQRP)
The Victim Quick Response Program is established and funded by the Ministry of Attorney General Victim and Vulnerable People Division to provide timely assistance to victims of various violent crimes.
The program is designated to aiding victims of several different kinds of serious crimes including:
- Human Trafficking
- Domestic Violence
- Serious Physical Assault
- Elder Abuse
- Homicide (including attempted murder)
Referrals may be received from all community agencies including shelters and emergency services, as well as from victims directly. In all cases, service providers are paid directly by VQRP for their efforts in aiding victims rather than to the victim themselves who receives said services.
Eligibility is based on several criteria, including but not limited to;
- the crime occurred in Ontario
- the victim resides in Ontario
- the service is last resort and all other publicly funded options have been explored
- the crime has occurred within a time frame established by VQRP as meaning the victim is still in crisis at the time they are seeking VQRP funded services
- the services being sought have resulted from the crime itself
- the victim is not receiving other financial resources (i.e. insurance, workplace, Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program)
- the victim has not received funding from VQRP for the same criminal offence
TELEPHONE CRISIS RESPONSE
24-hour telephone assistance to persons victimized by crime or tragic circumstance.
Telephone follow-up assistance and community referrals are provided to persons victimized by crime or tragic circumstance.