Victim Services workers are on-call 24/7 365 days to support emergency response personnel, community partners and self-referred individuals for on-scene interventions when possible. We may attend a home, hospital, crime scene or police station for crisis interventions when requested by Police and safe to. All calls are responded to within 20 minutes if the responder is on the line with another caller.
VICTIM QUICK RESPONSE PROGRAM (VQRP+)
The Victim Quick Response Program is established and funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services to provide timely assistance to victims of various violent crimes.
Referrals may be received from all community agencies including shelters and emergency services, as well as from victims directly. In all cases, service providers are paid directly by VQRP for their efforts in aiding victims.
Eligibility is based on several criteria, including but not limited to;
- the crime occurred in Ontario
- the victim resides in Ontario
- the service is last resort and all other publicly funded options have been explored
- the crime has occurred within a time frame established by VQRP meaning the victim is still in crisis at the time they are seeking VQRP funded services
- the services being sought have resulted from the crime itself
- the victim is not receiving other financial resources (i.e. insurance, workplace, Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program)
- the victim has not received funding from VQRP for the same criminal offence