Thunder Bay and Area Victim Services is committed to safeguarding the health and safety of clients, staff, students and volunteers at all times. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and recommendations of social distancing by all levels of government, Thunder Bay and Area Victim Services is modifying the way we operate as follows and according to the Thunder Bay District Health Unit:
- All on-scene and/or in-person assistance to victims and survivors is suspended until further notice (including but not limited to: hospital, victim’s home, shelter, or police facility) unless deemed necessary by Police and the Executive Director.
- Victims and survivors can get help by phone: 807-684-1051. All messages will be returned.
- Referrals from community agencies can be made by phone: 807-684-1051. All messages will be returned.
- Police Service will continue to make referrals by calling 807-684-1051.
- While front-line staff and management continue to work at our office location and at home according to the , we are maintaining privacy, confidentiality and staff support and supervision.
- Volunteer Recruitment is still occurring and to volunteer you may call 807-684-1051.
- All other business will be done re: Teams meetings/Zoom